With the number of electric vehicles increasing, there are many points to consider when planning the installation an Electric Vehicle charger (EVSE). Whether it be for domestic or public use, the type of EV charger best suited for your install can vary. This presentation will step through key points for consideration when choosing the right EV charger that best suits your requirements. EV charger options available will be outlined, along with pros and cons of each.
Points to be discussed include:
• Connection type – Type 1 (J1772) or Type 2 (IEC)
• Charge speed 3.7kW – 22kW
• Income generation
• Connectivity to a back end
• Load demands – now and in the future
From this presentation, you will gain valuable knowledge of what to consider when planning for installation of EV chargers.
3 key takeaways from this presentation:
1. Points to consider when planning for the installation of EV charging infrastructure
2. Options available and their pros / cons
3. Benefits of planning for the long term