As the energy storage market continues to grow, so too do the variety of behind the meter storage solutions available — with diverse chemistries, form factors, architectures and more. How can residential and commercial project installers and building owners ensure that they are selecting the ideal storage solution for their projects?
Using real-world examples of residential and commercial projects, Catherine will highlight considerations such as:
• How factors beyond up-front price point per kilowatt hour should be considered in a bottom line analysis and how to monetize storage performance parameters.
• How longevity, useful capacity, discharge/charge efficiency rate and depth of discharge play into the equation.
• How toxicity, thermal runaway and other safety factors should be evaluated.
• How different end goals (back up power, offsetting diesel, grid-tied demand charge management, peak shaving opportunities, net zero objectives, etc.) are best served by different storage solutions.
• Participants will leave the session the knowledge and practical tools to choose the right storage solution, and able to realize true resiliency and energy security.